Lady Skater Workshop - 21 January 2018
Lady Skater Workshop - limited to six spaces
21 January 11:00-4:00
This funky yet functional knit dress has a fitted bodice, scooped banded neckline, a curved flared knee-length skirt, and options for trimmed cap sleeves, or banded ¾ length sleeves or long sleeves. It's designed to flatter the figure with a waistline that hits at the natural waist and a skirt that gently skims over the lower waist and hips. In plainer fabrics the skater dress lends itself to a casual wardrobe staple that's cute with sneakers, or snag yourself a fancy fabric for a knock-out evening dress. Click here for more information about the Lady Skater.
This workshop will guide you through the process of making a Lady Skater dress fit to your individual body type. It will cover:
- measuring and identifying body types
- common fit adjustments that can be made to the paper pattern before sewing
- fabric choices
- sewing knits with regular machines and overlockers
After covering the background, we’re ready to get sewing! We'll practice some knit sewing techniques to gain confidence, and then we will construct our Lady Skaters, identify fit adjustments and learn how to translate them back to the paper pattern.
Included in cost of workshop:
- Approximately 1.5m plain cotton / lycra jersey and coordinating thread (value £20)
- Lady Skater A0 print copy (no cutting and taping!) and crib notes
- 15% discount on other fabrics in the shop
- Tea, coffee, and snacks
Suitable for enthusiastic beginners. I recommend wearing a vest or tight t-shirt layer for fitting purposes. You’ll need to bring your own machine (although I do have a limited number of machines you can borrow).